There are 5 consultant paediatric neurologists in post providing tertiary level paediatric neurology services to the population of the East of England and secondary care to the local Cambridge area. We provide outreach clinics to 13 district general hospitals and run active clinical networks in the areas of Epilepsy, neuromuscular disorders and acquired brain injury.
Current Research Activity within the department
Dr Alasdair Parker
- SPEED study–exome sequencing in child neurological disorders – Co-applicant, PI: Dr Lucy Raymond.
- Gene therapy in GM2 – Co-Applicant, PI: Prof Tim Cox
- NIHR study on everolimus in childhood tuberose sclerosis (TS) – AP, Principal investigator
- NIHR study on everolimus in childhood tuberose sclerosis (TS) with epilepsy – AP, Principal investigator
- NIHR study on metformin in childhood tuberose sclerosis (TS) – Chief Investigator: Dr F O’Callghan, Bristol
Dr Anna Maw
- Configuration of Rehabilitation services to optimise outcomes in children affected by cancer – Co-applicant, Project lead: Amos Burke
- How should the NHS commission and deliver rehabilitation services for children after acquired brain injury?- Co-applicant, Project lead: Rob Forsyth
- Working memory training in children with traumatic brain injury – Site PI – CUH, Project lead: Anna Adlam/ Darren Dunning
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Skills in Children who have sustained an Acquired Brain Injury – Site PI – CUH, Project lead: Anna Adlam/Jessica Ingham
- Cognitive outcomes in children with mild TBI. – Principle Investigator and project lead. Research assistant: Francine Kieta
Dr Manali Chitre
- International collaborative Infantile spasms study – collaborator
- NIHR study: An investigation of neural structure, function and connectivity in Rolandic epilepsy -Site PI –CUH, CI: Anna Smith, Colm MCcGinnity
- SANAD II – RCT comparison of Standard And New Antiepileptic Drugs (SANAD II). – Site PI (Paediatrics CUH)
- Idenification of the genetic and clinical abnormalities in PEHO syndrome, implications for the treatment of childhood epilepsies and sleep disorders -Project supervisor: Fellow- Dr Apostolos Papandreou, Co-supervisors: Dr A Parker, Prof G Woods
Others activities of the paediatric workstream of the Evelyn project:
- Service use of the children following A&E attendance with Traumatic brain Injury (April to September 2011)
- Service use following admission to Paediatric Intensive Care Unit with Traumatic brain Injury ( Jan 2007 to Dec 2011)
If you are looking for clinical services please contact Addenbrooke’s Children’s Neurology.