Child Health East of England Research Initiative (CHEERI)
A Trainee led research network for East of England Paediatrics.
We are a team of 9 almost entirely clinical-based trainees, with one medical student representative and a consultant mentor. We have an ambition to increase research engagement and activity amongst Paediatric trainees.
Our recent efforts, with the support of our Level 2 TPD – Dr Nik Cholidis – have led to the creation of our website: www.cheeri.co.uk, Twitter handle: @CHEERI2022, and purchase of CHEERI merchandise.
‘We are actively looking for collaborative regional projects (QIP and research) that could involve trainees remotely, and we welcome your ideas and suggestions.’
**Calling all EoE Paediatric Academic Clinical Fellows: CHEERI would LOVE to know about your research themes and your life in clinical academia!**
Our upcoming goals:
1) To continue developing www.cheeri.co.uk – to create a gallery page celebrating trainee successes in publications/presentations; enable a log-in area for access to webinar content
2) Autumn: Host the ‘CHEERI Sand Box’ – a Dragon’s Den style opportunity for junior and senior clinicians to pitch well-thought out project ideas – a chance to win a voucher and the potential to team up with CHEERI to take the idea forward
3) Encourage senior clinical academics to publicise their research activities and encourage trainees to get involved
4) Develop webinar content based on our ‘How to..’ Workshop series focused on research skills
5) Develop a regional trainee-led/consultant-supported publishable project
6) Continue feeding back progress to the RCPCH trainee research network committee
7) Recruit members to CHEERI representing the various regional Trusts and training levels
Visit our website: www.cheeri.co.uk to stay up to date with our active projects.
Team: Thiloka Ratnaike, Amy Lee, Carla Kantyka, Gemma Wilson, Heba Shawky, Lipi Shekhar, Lizzie Radford, Lydia Seed, Marika Lasokova, Rachana Verma, Ben Marlow.
CHEERI Consultant Mentor: Dr Ben Marlow – Director – The Synapse Centre
CHEERI Team Lead: Dr Thiloka Ratnaike – ST4 Trainee + EoE representative – The RCPCH Trainee Research Network