Introducing the Child Health East of England Research Initiative (CHEERI)
We are a team of 9 almost entirely clinical-based trainees, with one medical student representative and a consultant mentor. We have an ambition to increase research engagement and activity amongst Paediatric trainees.
Our consultant mentor – Dr Ben Marlow – is the director of the Synapse Centre.
The CHEERI team lead is Dr Thiloka Ratnaike – an ST4 trainee with a background in academia, who is also the EoE representative for the RCPCH Trainee Research Network.
Our recent efforts, with the support of our Level 2 TPD – Dr Nik Cholidis – have led to the creation of our website: www.cheeri.co.uk, Twitter handle: @CHEERI2022, and purchase of CHEERI merchandise.
We are actively looking for collaborative regional projects (QIP and research) that could involve trainees remotely, and we welcome your ideas and suggestions.
Our upcoming goals:
- To continue developing www.cheeri.co.uk – to create a gallery page celebrating trainee successes in publications/presentations; enable a log-in area for access to webinar content
- Autumn: Host the ‘CHEERI Sand Box’ – a Dragon’s Den style opportunity for junior and senior clinicians to pitch well-thought out project ideas – a chance to win a voucher and the potential to team up with CHEERI to take the idea forward
- Encourage senior clinical academics to publicise their research activities and encourage trainees to get involved
- Develop webinar content based on our ‘How to..’ Workshop series focused on research skills
- Develop a regional trainee-led/consultant-supported publishable project
- Continue feeding back progress to the RCPCH trainee research network committee
- Recruit members to CHEERI representing the various regional Trusts and training levels
Please get in touch with email@example.com if you have ideas, comments, suggestions. We are welcoming all engagement because we hope these efforts will help you with your own research activities!
Team: Thiloka Ratnaike, Amy Lee, Carla Kantyka, Gemma Wilson, Heba Shawky, Lipi Shekhar, Lizzie Radford, Lydia Seed, Marika Lasokova, Rachana Verma, Ben Marlow.